cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

assign host don't have permission to livestream

bill_aicamp
Listener

Hi, we met an issue recently. I schedule/start the zoom for our online events. during the meeting, I assign host to my assistant who will run the meeting. but when he try to livestream to youtube, he got error: you don't have permission to livestream.

is this by design? or I need to update settings so the assigned host in-meeting can livestream to youtube.

thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @bill_aicamp 

I believe your assistant will need to be a named user on your Zoom account, and he will then need to be designated a true "Alternative host" for the Meeting.  Actually, then, you won't need to start the Meetings for him - he can start them - and he will gain all Host privileges (if you join though, Host will be passed to you).

However - the critical issue is that, I think, your assistant will also need access to your YouTube account. To start a stream, you basically need permission at the source and at the destination. This may be problematic or cautionary, depending on your YouTube circumstances.

Hope this helps.

Rupert

I DO NOT NEED TO ASSIGN A HOST. SO HOW TO RETURN TO ME AS HOST ONLY? 

THANK YOU FOR THE PROMPT REPLY

yongiway
Listener

I AM THE ACCOUNT HOLDER. I DID ASSIGN TO SOMEONE ELSE BEFORE. SO HOW DO I RETURN TO BEING THE ACCOUNT HOLDER OR WITHDRAW THE ASSIGNED HOST?