cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ask an optional question on joining each meeting

carlsonj
Listener

I have a usage case that doesn't seem well-handled by the options available for Zoom.

I host monthly club meetings where the participants may optionally sign up for credit for having attended a given session. Receiving credit isn't mandatory, and some participants aren't interested in it.

In order for me to grant credit, I need to collect the user's ID (typically an email address) used on another site (in this case, it's faasafety.gov, but it doesn't matter). I need to do that for each meeting a user attends, per the rules set by the agency that runs that site.

I don't want this question to mandatory, so I don't think I want to use the meeting "registration" function. There are plenty of people who attend but never seek out credit, and that's fine.

The people who attend are encouraged to participate actively in the meeting, so "webinar" format doesn't apply well, either, unless (I guess) I make everyone a presenter.

Today, my error-prone method is to find the meeting report (which is oddly hard to find; always at least 10 clicks away), and then try to match up the user name with the account on that other site. It's error-prone because often the names differ -- the value Zoom reports provide is often a nickname, or just the first name, or a spouse's name on a shared computer, or something else. (I can't begin to count the number of times I've tried to give just "Bob" credit for attending. Unfortunately for Bob, there's more than one pilot with that first name, so he just never gets his credit.)

That's not great. And I often get follow-up email or phone calls from folks confused about why they're not getting credit.

So, what I want is an OPTIONAL question that's asked for everyone joining the meeting, something like:

If you'd like WINGS credit for attending, please provide your WINGS ID and ZIP code.

WINGS ID/email: [                    ]   ZIP Code: [.....]

Leave these blank if you don't need credit.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ChrisO
Note Taker

Hi Carlsonj,

While it is not a premeeting option, have you thought about creating an advanced poll and using the fill-in-the-blank option?

ChrisO_0-1660933533260.png

Please remember to mark responses as accepted if they resolve your issue.
***Sometimes success is only achieved through many failures!***

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ChrisO
Note Taker

Hi Carlsonj,

While it is not a premeeting option, have you thought about creating an advanced poll and using the fill-in-the-blank option?

ChrisO_0-1660933533260.png

Please remember to mark responses as accepted if they resolve your issue.
***Sometimes success is only achieved through many failures!***

carlsonj
Listener

Seems a little clumsy, but, thanks, that should do it.