cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

annoying red dot by "home" button

servicematters
Listener

THERE IS NO BOARD OPTION FOR "DESIGN"

There is an annoying and distracting red dot next to my "HOME" button on the left of my page. WHY???

I open the home page, thinking it's trying to alert me to that page, but nothing of importance shows there. SO, this annoying red dog keeps distracting me from actually working. 

HOW CAN ONE CONTACT AN ACTUAL HUMAN AT ZOOM TO ADDRESS THIS???

3 REPLIES 3

Rihinoldn
Listener

I am experiencing the same problem... and apparently so is this user:  Red dot on HOME menu - Zoom Community

I see a progress bar across the top of the screen that is only half-filled, but no idea on how to fill it.  See below:

2023-03-30_21-19-39.png

I've pretty much tried everything, including clicking through every item on the Home tab, but nothing works 😕

If I ever figure it out, I'll come back here and post the solution.

servicematters
Listener

Very annoying. I finally did find a link to email support at zoom. Their response is basically that this is just the design and they have no plans to change it. I advised them it's a terrible UX/UI design. No response. I hate customer support that is not supportive. Looking at other alternatives. Good luck to you!

PaulSchleusener
Listener

Thanks @servicematters; you at least found a response.  To paraphrase their reply, "Oops! It's a bug, not a feature, but we don't think it's worth our time to fix it.  Tough it out, folks."  (Obviously not the fault of the person who won the lottery to reply to your message.  Glad I don't have that job!)