cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adding a permanent cohost

EllenDTC
Listener

How do I add a cohost permanently? I tried entering his email address in the edit area of the particular meeting.  Way at the bottom, under options, it says "alternative hosts"   When I entered the person's email address used on his zoom account, I get a message saying that email address could not be found. 

Verified this is his correct email address. What am I doing wrong?  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Dan_ZoomSE
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

That is why Alternative Host field does not resolve anything for you.  It is designed for business accounts with multiple users that are part of the same Zoom account.  They you can select one of your colleagues to be an alternate for your meetings.  

As an individual stand along account you are not able to assign an alternate host role to anyone.

Alternate Host.jpg

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/208220166-Designating-an-alternative-host

If this has answered your question, please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Dan_ZoomSE

Hello @EllenDTC,

You were on the right track, Alternative Host can be used to allow someone to start meetings on your behalf.  But it would not necessarily make them a co-host every time.   Co-Host is a dynamic setting that has to be enabled during each meeting.  However, you may find some benefit from using Alternate Host.

One key thing to know in regards to Alternate Host is that the user you are trying to add must be a user in the same Zoom organization.  If you are getting a message that the email could not be found that means the user is not part of your Zoom Account.

If this has answered your question, please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

Thanks!

EllenDTC
Listener

How do I get him into my zoom "organization"? I didn't even realize I had one!  haha. 

Thank you for your response. I do appreciate it.  Maybe you could help me understand the zoom organization.  I am just an individual hosting an online fellowship of friends.  Thank you!

Dan_ZoomSE

@EllenDTC,

Do you have your own single user Zoom account that you pay for or is your Zoom account part of a larger business or enterprise account through your work?

EllenDTC
Listener

Just an individual 

Dan_ZoomSE

That is why Alternative Host field does not resolve anything for you.  It is designed for business accounts with multiple users that are part of the same Zoom account.  They you can select one of your colleagues to be an alternate for your meetings.  

As an individual stand along account you are not able to assign an alternate host role to anyone.

Alternate Host.jpg

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/208220166-Designating-an-alternative-host

Thanks!