cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

accidentally recorded audio only

CarolK
Listener

Hello, I recorded a meeting but didn't realize my settings were on audio-only. Is there any chance that a video recording was made and is there some way for me to retrieve it? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Unfortunately, if you did not instruct Zoom to record video, no video was recorded. We have no backups of recordings. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Bort

Unfortunately, if you did not instruct Zoom to record video, no video was recorded. We have no backups of recordings. 

This happened to me as well. The setting is a misnomer unfortunately. It should actually read "Record ONLY Audio Files" and come with a warning that states "no video will be recorded". Instead, it is worded, "Record Audio-only Files". The hyphen indicates that it's therefore "in-addition" to a video file. Unfortunately, if you have the other settings to do with screen-sharing turned off, no video will be recorded (even if you aren't screen sharing). This is a serious bug. I want to ask for a refund because I had a really important event today and there is no video of it! 😭 😭 😭 Like I'm going to have to provide refunds because of it... not cool at all... 😖 Aforementioned evil setting below...

PurplePianoCat
Listener

Check out my reply below... I'm actually surprised there's nothing about this anywhere else.😒

shagshuta
Listener

My recorded video meeting is nowhere to be found... There's a video and audio file for the previous recording, but for the second there's only audio for some reason! I'm really upset.

You probably selected "Record Audio-only Files". Unfortunately it means, "Only Record Audio Files!" Too bad they don't change the wording... 

This happened to me for the first time last night. I've never changed settings and always have had video. But last night only recorded audio. Where to I check this setting or did something change that I wasn't aware of?