cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom with University SSO but Disable Connecting to Personal Account

zzoeys
Listener

Hi, I've signed up for a Zoom account with my university but when I did so it linked to my personal account with my gmail and that account has become a member of the university Zoom account. However, I'm unable to join meetings hosted by my university because it has my profile as the gmail, so it isn't authorised. Is there any way to unlink my personal email from my university account? Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2

johankhan
Listener

Zoom is free as long as you keep calls to under 40 minutes and fewer than 100 participants. Or, you can upgrade to an entry-level $14.99 monthly plan which lets you host up to 100 people for up to 24 hours. Additional people, rooms and cloud recording options cost more. 

Regard: Johan Liebert

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @zzoeys 

Yes, you should be able to disassociate your personal account from the school's account. To do this: 

1. Open the Zoom website and sign-in to your account. 
  2. Find the Account Profile page, typically located under Account Management.
  3. Click the Unassociate and create your own account option

This article has more information about the process: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360001229363-How-to-leave-an-account-to-start-your-own

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.