cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom with GSuite - way to create a new line for each scheduled meeting, rather than reusing the same

tommystyles
Listener

I'm using the GSuite add-on to automatically add Zoom lines to my meetings, and it works great. The only issue is that it assigns the same line (meeting ID) to every meeting. So if I schedule a call with client A, and then an adjacent call with client B, and my call with client A runs long, then I sometimes get client B logging into the room while I'm still on with client A. This hasn't caused any major drama yet, but there's a potential liability there in terms of exposing confidential info from client A to client B.

So ideally I would want, when I add the Zoom line in the meeting invite, for Zoom to generate a new/unique meeting ID for each meeting. I looked for a pref or setting to control this and didn't see any options there. I turned off the option to "Use my personal meeting ID", but that didn't seem to change the behavior at all.

Is there something I can do now to trigger this behavior? Or could this be updated in the plugin? Also to clarify, my whole org does not use Zoom, so I'm looking for settings that can be controlled at the individual user level, not just by the GSuite organization's admin.

Cheers,
-Tommy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @tommystyles 

Because the GSuite add-on doesn't allow for scheduling customization (like the Google or Firefox scheduler extensions do), the add-on just schedules a meeting based on your default scheduling settings. I just tested it and if you disable the Use Personal Meeting ID (PMI) when scheduling a meeting setting on the web Settings page, then the add-on will schedule every meeting with a random ID, rather than your PMI each time.  

If you often need to adjust the meeting settings when scheduling in Google Calendar, I would suggest installing the Scheduler extension, which will also work in Google Calendar, but provides a little bit of scheduling customization. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Bort

Hi @tommystyles 

Because the GSuite add-on doesn't allow for scheduling customization (like the Google or Firefox scheduler extensions do), the add-on just schedules a meeting based on your default scheduling settings. I just tested it and if you disable the Use Personal Meeting ID (PMI) when scheduling a meeting setting on the web Settings page, then the add-on will schedule every meeting with a random ID, rather than your PMI each time.  

If you often need to adjust the meeting settings when scheduling in Google Calendar, I would suggest installing the Scheduler extension, which will also work in Google Calendar, but provides a little bit of scheduling customization. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Thanks very much Bort. I thought I had flipped that PMI pref off already, but it seems to be on. Hopefully I'll be all good now that I've turned it off. Thanks so much for your help. Good to know about the Scheduler extension as well.