cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom will not connect no matter what.

Mazha
Listener

I've reinstalled multiple times, checked all permissions to on, firewall is off, I downloaded the newest M1 version of Zoom. If I try to join a meeting or try to sign in it says "cannot connect check network".  My internet is working perfectly. 

Any ideas how to fix this? 

6 REPLIES 6

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @Mazha, is the error you're prompt is there any specific error code with the 'cannot connect check network' error? 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

MarcTietz
Listener

I do have the very same problem with my Zoom Client (Application for Macbook). Zoom only tells you that you do not have a connection to the internet without error code, which makes the problem hard to locate. My Internet is working also perfectly fine and reinstalled the application several times. 

I do use my Google Mail (@gmail.com) by using the address and the Zoom password and not click on the Gmail Button. If I do so then I get the code 5003

Unfortunately, Zoom on my Safari Browser always has a disturbed audio output - sounds like some broken radio on the voices, but still understandable.

Due to these problems, using Zoom is really not preferred at the moment. So please let us find a solution. 

Thanks for help! 

Did you ever get zoom to connect?

In the past, yes, but since a few months this problem has appeared. I also have got a new MacBook Air in January, I guess it is since then. 

I just used the Safari Browser again and it seemed fine this time. It could be that I used the Google Chrome Browser before (in contrast to what I have written initially). So maybe try this for now? 

Greetings
Marc

I have the same problem. This happens every 6 months or so for the past 2 years. Would like to have this corrected.

ETritsch
Listener

I have the same problem. This happens every 6 months or so for the past 2 years. Would like to have this corrected.