cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom video freezing

Tlamb1221
Listener

I am having difficulty with video freezing for meetings that are abroad (specifically in Columbia and Honduras).  The audio remains in tact while the video freezes every minute or so.  The only fix seems to be to change the participant views or to minimize then restore the Zoom box.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Peter_Uy
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @Tlamb1221 , 

Hope all is well with you!  Sorry to hear you are having difficulties with your Zoom Meetings whenever you in Columbia and Honduras.

Curious to know, how's the internet connection in Columbia and Honduras?

There could be several factors that may affect why the video freezes:

1. Most often it could attributed to internet connectivity.  Internet connectivity is not just about having a decent speed but also the stability and consistency of the connection, like jitter and packet loss or it could also be the other parties internet connectivity  

2. Camera driver might need some update

3. The processing power,  memory or video graphics accelerator of the device could not keep up with all the motions that are happening or too many applications are running in the background 

4. Or you might need to update your Zoom Desktop/ Mobile App

Or it could be other things as well but usually it's brought about by your current internet connectivity and stability.

Hope this helps and solves it.

Stay safe!

I'm having this issue bad here in the US as well.  I can't even use Zoom anymore.  There are a jillion complaints all over this community about this problem.  I hope Zoom can address it soon.

About 5 months ago my zoom meetings started freezing.  I deleted and reinstalled it which didn't help.  I was using a wifi network with 100 mps download.  I unchecked the "Hardware Acceleration for receiving" box.  Still no change. I have now moved to an area where I have 200mps speeds and it still freezes  Any other suggestions on how to fix the problem?