cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom video always slightly blurry while Camera app is always sharp

MarkRoberts
Listener

My camera app is working fine, picture is sharp as always. But when I go from the camera to zoom, the picture quality is poor.  I've read online that many seem to have this problem but none of the proposed solutions (more light, clean camera lens, etc.) does anything.

Does anyone have a solution for this or is this is good as zoom gets?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hello there! 

Have you tried completely uninstalling the Zoom app, rebooting your device (important), and then reinstalling the latest version? This usually does the trick. Let me know if that helps!

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

DaPayne
Listener

I have begun to have this problem only recently. Picture quality used to be fine, but in the last 2 weeks or so people are telling me that my picture is trailing when I move. This is especially problematic because I am an ASL interpreter. I have tested this on different networks, with different cameras, and the problem persists. I can record a video with the same camera that has no issues. I think Zoom updated something that changed the video stream quality in some way, 

Mkzor
Listener

Same here, I started noticing the problem in December.  Streaming starts of okay and then progressively becomes blurry, especially the background.

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hello there! 

Have you tried completely uninstalling the Zoom app, rebooting your device (important), and then reinstalling the latest version? This usually does the trick. Let me know if that helps!

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

I've been having the same issues that are repeatedly detailed here. Had to start moving to Google when picture mattered. Sad cos I pay for a Pro account...? Will try to uninstall - thanx!

ITADCOM
Listener

Uninstalled removed all zoom folders and registry keys, and still having issues. Turned on HD and this resolved the issue. However need to be able to zoom in and not show so much of the room. Since this is Zoom driver, I cannot change that.