cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Zoom.us email messge to confirm account

TomT
Listener

Hi!

I just received a message, purportedly from zoom.us, asking for me to confirm my account. I am skeptical, since I donā€™t think I have an account related to this email address. The link in the message takes me to a site called 2goldtech.com.

Am I right in assuming this is some sort of scam?

Thanks!

Tom

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @TomT - I think you're right.  Lot's of phishing scammers out there these days.  I get several a day...

My recommendation when checking for scam/spam is to hover over the link to see what it is... and if it's not a Zoom URL, delete the message.  Clicking on the link could get you somewhere you don't want to be!

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Ray_Harwood

Hi, @TomT - I think you're right.  Lot's of phishing scammers out there these days.  I get several a day...

My recommendation when checking for scam/spam is to hover over the link to see what it is... and if it's not a Zoom URL, delete the message.  Clicking on the link could get you somewhere you don't want to be!

TomT
Listener

I didn ā€˜t remember if I had an account with that email, so I requested a password reset. The reply message from Zoom said they couldnā€™t find an account. Another failed scam!

TomT
Listener

Thanks for the reply!

StevenSwift
Listener

What I really want is an email address to contact zoom support and report a security bug.

I just got an email suggesting my password may have been compromised. It looks authentic, is from ***********. Clicking on the link takes me to what appears to be a valid url, https://us06web.zoom.us/reset_password?code=etc.

So I assume it is valid. What surprises me is that the company would send out such an email. They should not include a link, it is out-security. They should just tell me to log on independently and change my password myself.

Am I wrong? If not, I want to submit some sort of security bug report, but can't find any way to do this. Can anybody here tell me how to submit a bug report?

email got turned into ***, it said no-reply at zoom . us, which seems quite valid. I don't doubt the validity of this one, but as a matter of standard practice, I won't click on any email that takes me to a link that asks for personal data, in particular my password!! While likely valid, I just want to report it to zoom developers, not you guys! But thanks for listening!

Ray_Harwood

For security-related issues, start here:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/4404085299597-Zoom-Trust-Center