cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom update created PowerPoint share Problem

AlanDTechie
Listener

I have shared PowerPoint presentations using zoom for 2 years now no problem. Yesterday the PowerPoint seemed to be working fine on my computer but wasn't running on the audience's computers.

Two Hours of Problem solving I found the solution

When you first click share and select your PowerPoint you next Click Slide Show and start. Your PowerPoint is for some reason labeled paused. Click end share and then click share selecting your open PowerPoint and it will run correctly. It appears that Zoom is trying to run your PowerPoint under the other open application

Zoom PowerPoint Share Problem.jpg

1 REPLY 1

Galtha58
Listener

Not sure that I completely understand your explanation Alan. But will watch for that at our next meeting. We usually open each PPt before starting Zoom and then minimize each one. Then we start Zoom and when we want to select a file to share the PPt files show up on the share window in Zoom. Then we just select the one we want to share. That has been working for us. We have had issues in the past if we didn't open the PPt or other files and then minimize each one before starting Zoom.