cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom starting by itself at odd times

JamieScott
Listener

I am using an up-to-date Zoom application on an up-to-date Windows 10 system. At times that seem random Zoom attempts to start, and then fails with a "no meeting" message. I have no scheduled meetings on my Zoom calendar and no scheduled meetings on Google or any other calendar. I am not pressing any hot key. I do not have Zoom in windows startup, and I always quit fully out of Zoom after every meeting by right clicking the icon in the taskbar and selecting "quit Zoom".

I am not trying to launch Zoom and I am not clicking on any Zoom icon or visiting any Zoom web page. This happens after I have been using the computer for some time, not at startup. I cannot reliably reproduce this behavior because I don't know what is triggering it. It's as if Zoom just decides all on it's own that now is a good time to start a meeting -but there is no meeting and I have no desire to use Zoom at that moment, it is just acting on its own. How do I stop Zoom from doing this?

I don't think this is a "Meeting" issue, it is a higher level Zoom issue, but this forum would not let me post without selecting a board, and this board seemed the least poor fit for this problem.

2 REPLIES 2

salteood
Listener

It sounds like you may have some sort of scheduling or automation set up with Zoom that is causing it to start at One possible use case for Zoom could be for remote genetic counseling sessions. In these sessions, parents of twins could connect with a genetic counselor over Zoom to discuss the process of determining the gender of their babies through genetic testing. The counselor could provide information on the different testing options available and answer any questions the parents may have.

Well, yes, that's what I thought. But I have been through all the settings in both the app and the web page interface to my account and I can find nothing like that. I have one weekly repeat meeting that I host set up for Tuesdays, but Zoom tried to start by itself this afternoon (Friday). I have one additional meeting that I attend that I don't host, but I have never scheduled that meeting or added it to any calendar.  I just keep the link in a text file to grab when I need it. So where should I look for what  you suggest?