cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom speed dating

Braziller
Listener

I run an event using Zoom for 90 people. Each participant gets 1 minute to present a vision of where they want to be in the next year.  

The exercise assigns each person a number. They are either a 1 a 2 or 3.   There are 30 rooms each with 3 people (a 1, 2 and 3).  The 1s state their vision to the 2s and 3s.   After one minute all the 1s are moved to another room where they state their vision again to the 2s and 3s.   After one minute all the 1s are moved one final time to another room to again state their vision.  Then it is the turn of the twos to explain their vision and go through the room rotation. And finally the threes get to do the same thing. You can imagine the challenge in moving all these people around. It is done by hand one person at a time right now.

My question is; can Zoom be programmed to automatically move people on mass multiple times.   In my case each person is moved 3 times. 

Regards,
Clay

It is so good to see you over the last year I have……

6 REPLIES 6

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @Braziller 

Zoom does not have the capabilities described above, but there is a Marketplace app that may be able to help with some of this. Twine for Zoom has a lot of additional breakout room controls that might help: https://marketplace.zoom.us/apps/-cYA3VcaQduxP8suHFGXiA

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

GolemTechWiz
Listener

You could try loading csv files of the different numbers. When you create the rooms with that file the registered people would be sorted. I would have to play with it, but that would be my first option. The second would be to rename the participants #{1,2,3}(login name)Room#{1-30} 1JohnSmith30, 2JaneJones30 and 3EveMorning30 would all got to 30. The have them put themselves where they belong. That may need to have some planning changes for you.

ZoomTestKitchen
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

We had a solution custom developed for a "Speed Dating" type solution. Isadora was used for these type of requirements and the solution worked flawlessly.

30 rooms, 1 executive per room, 30 employees / 1 per executive, and rotate the employees every 3 minutes until they have visited each executive.

If a custom solution is something you're interested in, I can connect you with the talented development team.

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen

sjrosenberg
Listener

I am thinking of finding someone to handle a speed dating event using Zoom. Any suggestions?

You can email me at bss.tech.wizard at gmail with more information. I may be able to offer you suggestions. 

James35
Listener

How can I get in on this and are you aware of other meetings like this?