cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom settings - Personal - Phone Number verification for HOME phone

cgs878
Listener

Good morning Zoom Community!

I have searched the Knowledgebase and Community and sent the "Chat Bot" various questions, but I do not see an answer to my question/problem:  How do I verify a HOME phone number?

I was able to add my "Mobile" phone number by entering the "two factor authentication" 6-digit code.  This does not work for a "Home" phone number.  I hoped that I would get a phone call with the 6-digit code spoken by a robotic voice, but that did not happen.

Has anyone ever gotten a "Home" phone number to verify and add to the Zoom profile?  Let me know how.  Thanks!!

- Chris S.

14 REPLIES 14

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

@cgs878 

Interesting. I tried to add a "Home" number and no matter how I formatted the number, I get red error "Please provide a correct phone number" and I cannot proceed to the next step.

Similar but different problem maybe? 

Rupert_0-1632765695513.png

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello,
My name is Brandon. Thanks for joining the Zoom Community! Can you please make sure that you are adding your country code as well as your phone number, please? 

i.e. for a US-based number +1XXX-XXX-XXXX 

I hope that this helps. 

B!

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Hi same problem here. Can you also help me out. Thanks

Doesn't work. This is a really bad user experience.

Hakosuka
Listener

Hi,

literally downloaded the app yesterday, set it all up and it’s refusing to recognise the phone number, country code correct, phone number correct, it then sends the SMS. for the verification code, input that and it returns a message saying ‘Failed to register phone number, please retry’

Euawt
Listener

Hi,

It's unfortunate that I am having the same issue like you, if you have any solution to the problem kindly share it with me, thanks.

YaBoiB

Hello,
My name is Brandon. Thanks for joining the Zoom Community! I tested this on a test account in the Zoom Sandbox and it is working properly. Do any of you have 2FA enabled on your accounts? 

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360038247071-Managing-two-factor-authentication-2FA-

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

Hi,

it’s now working just fine so whatever you did has worked, all my address book contacts are now added.

Thank You 

YaBoiB

Hello,
My name is Brandon. Thanks for joining the community!
If the solution that I have provided works for you, please click on the "Accepted as Solution" button in the bottom right corner.

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

KasiaS
Listener

I have the same question regarding how to get the confirmation number for a home phone. (Not the other questions that were added later on this page).

YaBoiB

Hi @KasiaS

Are you talking about when you go to your profile page and click on add phone number to your account? It will not confirm a home number as in a landline? Is that what you are asking?

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

Hi Brandon!

Yes, my original post was asking how to confirm a landline "Home" phone.  Obviously a text message sent to a landline is not going to be received.  How can a landline phone # be verified since Two-Factor Authentication will not work??

- Chris S.

YaBoiB

Hi Chris, 

I do not think a landline phone can be confirmed. I have not had a landline for about ten years now so I am not sure how I can even test this. I think only an IP phone or mobile phone can be verified through the servers. I will ask the Zoom Phone team and make sure that I am correct and get back to you. 

Regards, 

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

Just replying that I have the same issue. I cannot seem to verify a landline phone number, as it requires sending me a text message, which my phone doesn't receive. Anyone have any thoughts here -- would support be willing to add the number to my profile if I verified it in some other way? Thank you again.