cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom screen share in Windows 10 kiosk mode

Aaron1616
Listener

I'm trying to setup some laptops in kiosk mode (Windows 10 Enterprise) to allow users to get on a Zoom meeting (Zoom client, not Zoom Room). I know there will be a requirement to share the screen, but when I attempt to do it in kiosk mode, I get "Screen sharing has failed to start. Please try again later. Error Code: 105035"

My guess is there is a permission that needs to be set, but I'm unclear on which setting(s) and where/how to do that.

Any help here would be appreciated!

Aaron

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Aaron1616
Listener

Looks like it was due to permissions. By default the “Enable the remote control of all applications“ was not ticked. Doing so allowed the screen share. Additionally, for the push install of the Zoom MSI, I needed the following: ZConfig="kCmdParam_InstallOption=128". This was found through working with Zoom support.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @Aaron1616, can you try uninstalling, rebooting, and then reinstalling from this link: zoom.us/download

Once done, let me know if you still are receiving this error! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Aaron1616
Listener

Looks like it was due to permissions. By default the “Enable the remote control of all applications“ was not ticked. Doing so allowed the screen share. Additionally, for the push install of the Zoom MSI, I needed the following: ZConfig="kCmdParam_InstallOption=128". This was found through working with Zoom support.

RaviPin
Listener

Hi @Aaron1616
We also plan to put kiosk-mode windows 10 machines in all our conference rooms for Zoom/ teams meetings. Can you share a few insights on how you have created the Kiosk setup and whether you are using any tool to manage all endpoints centrally? also, which camera and Speaker-Mic you are using?  Thanks in advance
Regards,

Ravi