cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom resizes and moves various windows when I share or stop sharing.

AverageJoe
Listener

I work with a multi-monitor setup on Windows. I keep the Zoom window with the view of other meeting participants open on a smaller monitor near my webcam so that when I'm looking at them, it appears to them that I'm looking at them. On my big monitor, I often have slides open or something that I'm sharing. When I begin sharing, Zoom tries to be helpful and automatically makes the other Zoom window smaller and also moves it. Sadly, that's not helpful at all. In fact it's quite maddening. It's been like this for years. So each time I begin sharing, I have to move and resize that other window back to what it was. Similarly, when I stop sharing, another round of moving windows back to where they were is lived. Is there a checkbox somewhere in Zoom where I can end this torture? 

1 REPLY 1

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @AverageJoe

I also have multiple monitors for similar reasons that you do. 

Screenshot 2023-03-17 at 5.00.24 PM.png

Here are my screen sharing settings on my mac. When I screen share and stop sharing, I do not have to resize; it keeps my chosen default sizes. When I end the meeting and restart a new session, I get the default settings, with the Zoom window being one size and the screen sharing window being a small size on another monitor. There is no way to change that, unfortunately. Please feel free to request that we change that functionality through the zoom.us/feed (Zoom Feedback page); if the product team approves the change, they will release it in a future build. 

Let me know how this works for you. 

Kind Regards,

Brandon 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?