cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom records audio, but only shows the first slide in my powerpoint presentation.

titantimur
Listener

This is my issue: Zoom records audio, but only shows the first slide in my powerpoint presentation, even thought the slides on the screen advance throughout class.

What have I done wrong?

10 REPLIES 10

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @titantimur 

Are you local recording, or cloud recording - and how are you playing your recording?

Cloud recording. I send the link and passcode to my students after Zoom sends it to me. I move the slides during class, but students reported that audio is there, but the first slide stays on the screen the whole time in the recording.

Are you sharing just the application or the entire screen?

Please remember to mark responses as accepted if they resolve your issue.
***Sometimes success is only achieved through many failures!***

I thought I was sharing the whole screen, but you asking this question means I could be pressing incorrectly. Again, students report that the first image in the presentation stays on the screen, and the full 2:40 minute audio records as normal.

Have you tried watching the recordings yourself to verify what the students are saying? I have tried to reproduce the issue but can not.

titantimur
Listener

Perhaps I should mention: All last academic year, I taught over Zoom on an older laptop, but I don't remember adjusting anything in the settings as I was preparing to teach remotely. My new laptop uses a newer version of Windows, but I use the new laptop exactly as I did the old one, with no changes to settings.

Are you using the beta PowerPoint as background or doing an actual screen share?

I am having the same problem.  On my old MacPro computer, I can record PowerPoint lectures just fine.  I share the PowerPoint, start the slide show, then start recording.  I have a newer MacBook Air for work and it will only show the PowerPoint as though I had not even started the slide show.  The first slide stays there and, on the side, all the other slides, but nothing moves.  Any thoughts?

ChloeDan
Listener

I have the same problem. I have been using Zoom to teach for three years. The recording function works well. However recently I tried to record my teaching while I connected my laptop with a larger screen and showed my slides on that screen. Then, only the first slide of my presentation stayed on the recording. The audio went well. 

doctorcp
Listener

I have the same problem on windows 10, recording to the cloud. The audience and I see my slides advance but the zoom recording shows only the first slide while my voice is recorded correctly (1 hour). Help...