cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom records audio, but only shows the first slide in my powerpoint presentation.

titantimur
Listener

This is my issue: Zoom records audio, but only shows the first slide in my powerpoint presentation, even thought the slides on the screen advance throughout class.

What have I done wrong?

9 REPLIES 9

Rupert
Creator

Hi @titantimur 

Are you local recording, or cloud recording - and how are you playing your recording?

Cloud recording. I send the link and passcode to my students after Zoom sends it to me. I move the slides during class, but students reported that audio is there, but the first slide stays on the screen the whole time in the recording.

ChrisO
Community Champion | Customer

Are you sharing just the application or the entire screen?

Please remember to mark responses as accepted if they resolve your issue.
***Sometimes success is only achieved through many failures!***

I thought I was sharing the whole screen, but you asking this question means I could be pressing incorrectly. Again, students report that the first image in the presentation stays on the screen, and the full 2:40 minute audio records as normal.

ChrisO

Have you tried watching the recordings yourself to verify what the students are saying? I have tried to reproduce the issue but can not.

titantimur
Listener

Perhaps I should mention: All last academic year, I taught over Zoom on an older laptop, but I don't remember adjusting anything in the settings as I was preparing to teach remotely. My new laptop uses a newer version of Windows, but I use the new laptop exactly as I did the old one, with no changes to settings.

ChrisO

Are you using the beta PowerPoint as background or doing an actual screen share?

I am having the same problem.  On my old MacPro computer, I can record PowerPoint lectures just fine.  I share the PowerPoint, start the slide show, then start recording.  I have a newer MacBook Air for work and it will only show the PowerPoint as though I had not even started the slide show.  The first slide stays there and, on the side, all the other slides, but nothing moves.  Any thoughts?

ChloeDan
Listener

I have the same problem. I have been using Zoom to teach for three years. The recording function works well. However recently I tried to record my teaching while I connected my laptop with a larger screen and showed my slides on that screen. Then, only the first slide of my presentation stayed on the recording. The audio went well.