cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom recordings keep stopping

Ricotel
Listener

Hi. I've been recording Zoom meetings for my podcast, but every now and then, I get logged off the meeting (and I'm the host who's recording). Luckily I can log back on, my guests are still there, and I can start the recording again, but it's embarrassing as the host, and it always worries me that my footage will get lost. Thus far, nothing has been lost, but I do need to retrieve the footage in different folders. 
Help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jeremyjustin
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@Ricotel hello, ok if you are showing licensed, could you please check one other thing and just make sure you are actually signed into the Zoom client. I am 99% sure this is not the issue, and that you are already signed in, but I'm trying to think of any other reason you may be getting kicked off at around 40 minutes. Free/Basic users as you probably know are only able to host meetings with three or more people for 40 minutes. 

If that is not the issue we probably have reached the end of how I can help from here. But if you can open a support case here https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/requests/new our agents can work with you one on one.

Realizing the issue is not fixed per say, but if this has answered your question to your satisfaction so far, please click the "Accept as Solution" button below. Thank you!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

jeremyjustin

Hi @Ricotel thank you for your post here on the Zoom Community! It is a bit unusual to get logged off a meeting, I wanted to ask if you have recognized a pattern in getting logged off? Does it happen at the same duration, does it happen when you perform a specific action, that kind of thing?

Also what type of system are you on please? (Windows, Mac?)

Thanks, Jeremy. I'm on a MacBookPro (M1) and it seems to happen at intervals - like at the 40m mark - though I can't recall is this is the time from the previous cut-off call. I thought it was because I had scheduled meetings that were shorter, but today it was a 60m meeting, and the cut-off was at 40m (and I have a licensed Zoom account that I pay into monthly to have no time limit)

jeremyjustin

Hi @Ricotel thanks for the extra details. I'm wondering if you should double check your account in the Zoom web portal to make sure your license is actually applied to your user account.  If can sign into https://zoom.us/ and then click on Profile in the "Personal" section

jeremyjustin_0-1643315570991.png

Scroll down in the "Account" section and make sure your License status shows "Licensed" 

jeremyjustin_1-1643315607849.png

If it doesn't, you or an admin/owner for your Zoom tenant can go into this section (also in the Zoom web portal)

User Management, Users, click the "Edit" box out to the right of your name, then change your account to Licensed and save. 

If this has answered your question to your satisfaction, please click the "Accept as Solution" button below but if not please reply and we can continue the  discussion. Thank you!

Thanks, but my account is already showing "Licensed". So it has to be something else. 

jeremyjustin

@Ricotel hello, ok if you are showing licensed, could you please check one other thing and just make sure you are actually signed into the Zoom client. I am 99% sure this is not the issue, and that you are already signed in, but I'm trying to think of any other reason you may be getting kicked off at around 40 minutes. Free/Basic users as you probably know are only able to host meetings with three or more people for 40 minutes. 

If that is not the issue we probably have reached the end of how I can help from here. But if you can open a support case here https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/requests/new our agents can work with you one on one.

Realizing the issue is not fixed per say, but if this has answered your question to your satisfaction so far, please click the "Accept as Solution" button below. Thank you!