cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom recordings have become blurry

Sabrina1
Listener

A few months ago, my meeting recordings (which I use for YouTube) suddenly became blurry and occasionally pixellated. Nothing drastically changed on my end about the space I record from, the lighting (I'm by the same window, though the days have gotten darker I'm not sure it would be enough to make it blurry as this), or my computer, so I'm not sure what happened. 

This is what it looks like blurry: https://youtu.be/gJGcWz8Zs1E

In the same space, a couple of months ago, before the change: https://youtu.be/XkJ3zw-ZLJ8 

any insight on troubleshooting this?

I record with the HD setting.

6 REPLIES 6

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @sabrina, when viewing the recording before uploading it to Youtube does the quality of the recording seem to be the same as well or just on Youtube? 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Hello-I have the same problem where there have been no local changes but local recordings are now blurry. The size of the file before conversion is about the same as it used to be, roughly 500,000 KB. Before the blurriness started, the conversion was roughly 400,000 KB.  Now the conversion is under 200,000 KB.  There are also multiple double_click_to_convert_01.zoom files. double_click_to_convert_01.zoom, double_click_to_convert_02.zoom, and sometimes a third one also. Previously,  there was only one.  Any insights would be much appreciated. Thanks.

MMaurer26
Listener

I am having this issue as well. The recording looked fine on my computer's video player but when I uploaded to YouTube it became quite blurry - how can we fix this??

laurayoga
Listener

Same problem!

I am having the same issue. I just did a recording and uploaded it into Camtasia to splice it down and even the names and images are so blurry, I am not comfortable using it. 

JulianSado
Listener

any ideas yet on how to fix blurry recorded Zoom calls?