cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom recording video choppy

zoom_problems
Listener

I've recorded videos of me sharing a video. On my computer screen, the video is smooth. When I convert it using Zoom and look at it later, the video is laggy and choppy. I used screen castify to record as well. My recording on that is smooth and good. What is going on?

2 REPLIES 2

Jameswalter
Participant

If you haven’t cleaned up your room and you have an important meeting coming up, the app allows you to set a custom background. However, using this feature lowers the video resolution to maintain CPU bandwidth. We suggest cleaning the room and not using this background feature if you want a lag-free call experience.

To turn this feature off, follow the steps below:

Step-1: Open the Zoom app.

Step-2: Click on the Settings cog on the home page.
Step-3: Select Background & Filters
Step-4: Select None

Microphone and Video Settings

When you are on long Zoom calls you can save bandwidth for your connection by muting the microphone when you are not talking. This has two advantages:

The other people in the call won’t hear any background noise from your end.
 Zoom will not use its resources to try and catch your voice.

Regards,
James

Did you not read the question? I just wanted to let you know that what you said has nothing to do with his question. I have the same issue as the individual asking this question.

Why does Zoom render our video choppy? 

- We do not have internet issues (I verified this on my end by setting a meeting with myself on two devices. It works fine and has no delay)

Please don't post irrelevant information if you don't have an answer to the question. 

Regards,

Mark