cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom recording overwritten

pravin136
Listener

After a meeting with a client when I went to the zoom recording folder, I found that my latest zoom recording had been overwritten with the previous recording which I recorded a few minutes before to check recording is working correctly, now in that folder, there are two video files and both have the same recording though one has high memory 650 Mb; when I play it the video is only 46 secs which is the previous recording and the other file is 2 Mb with same video of 46 secs.. what's the way out here?

3 REPLIES 3

raid_maize
Listener

@pravin136 wrote:

After a meeting with a client when I went to the zoom recording folder, I found that my latest zoom recording had been overwritten with the previous recording which I recorded a few minutes before to check recording is working correctly, now in that folder, there are two video files and both have the same recording though one has high memory 650 Mb; when I play it the video is only 46 secs which is the previous recording and the other file is 2 Mb with same video of 46 secs.. best slide in dms 

what's the way out here?

Here are a few potential causes and solutions for this issue:

1. Automatic recording overwrite: Zoom has a feature called "Automatic Cloud Recording," which automatically records all meetings and stores them in the cloud. By default, this feature is set to overwrite the previous recording if the same meeting is recorded again. To prevent this from happening, you can disable the automatic recording feature or set it to "do not overwrite" in the Zoom settings.

2. Multiple recording devices: If you have multiple recording devices (e.g., a webcam and a screen recording software) enabled during the same meeting, Zoom may overwrite the recording with the one from the last device you stopped. To avoid this, make sure to only use one recording device at a time.

3. Incorrect file location: If you are manually recording the meeting using the "Record on this Computer" option, make sure that you are saving the recording to the correct location. If you save the recording over an existing file with the same name, it will be overwritten.

I hope these suggestions help! If you continue to experience issues with your Zoom recordings, you may want to reach out to the Zoom support team for further assistance.

Hi,
I set my Zoom meeting to Record on my Computer next Thurs.  But I've never done this before.  How can I make sure that I've set it correctly?  How will I know that it is recording during my Zoom?

Thank you,

Liberty

DeniseLahat
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Cloud recordings are not overwritten if the same meeting is recorded again.