cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom recording ''format not supported''

Bettyboo30
Listener

I've been regularly opening zoom recordings sent to me over the last year by my teacher.  But in the few days, the link fails to open,  leading a message that says that 'The media could not be loaded, either because the server or network failed or because the format is not supported'.  Other people on the course can still open their links. My system is macOS Can anyone tell me why this failure is happening and what I can do about it.  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

IP-Man
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@Bettyboo30 

If you have a Mac -  try uninstalling Zoom by using their uninstall file instead of putting the Application in the trash.

You can do this by going to Applications -> right clicking on zoom.us -> Show package contents -> open Contents -> open Frameworks -> use the ZoomUninstaller file.

After this, try to reinstall Zoom again and open the Zoom recording needed.

If this has answered or help find a solution to your question , please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

Cheers!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

IP-Man

@Bettyboo30 

If you have a Mac -  try uninstalling Zoom by using their uninstall file instead of putting the Application in the trash.

You can do this by going to Applications -> right clicking on zoom.us -> Show package contents -> open Contents -> open Frameworks -> use the ZoomUninstaller file.

After this, try to reinstall Zoom again and open the Zoom recording needed.

If this has answered or help find a solution to your question , please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

Cheers!

Hi, 

I am facing this issue when viewing recordings in my Android mobile phone. Can you suggest a solution?

along99
Listener

Excellent! 

I had the same issue.

Problem resolved. Thanks!

IP-Man

@along99 , what was the solution ? was it the one I proposed above?

Cheers!

Yes IP-Man, it was your proposed solution 🙂

IP-Man

@along99 

Please hit accept the solution then so others in the community may benefit as well.

Cheers!

sorry, I see no accept button...just reply and like

kmark
Listener

what's solution when a PC user experiences same issue/error?