cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom outlook add-in doesnt show up in 'new outlook'

janzaldua
Listener

hello. many people in our organization are having issues with the zoom add-in not properly showing up. some fixes are:

1. restarting outlook
  2. switching from 'new outlook' back to 'classic', and back to 'new outlook' again
  3. uninstalling the app and re-installing

it's been a bit of a headache. is there a fix coming out for this at all?

8 REPLIES 8

J-Zoom-ATL
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@janzaldua Those are all great steps to take when the add-in isn't reflected properly in the end users Outlook desktop client. 

I would also verify that when the add-in doesn't show if it's available from the outlook web client. If so, then it's an issue with how the desktop Outlook client is receiving the add-in, if not then it's an issue as a whole with it being pushed from your add-in deployment. 

If there are issues with the add-in displaying, then the issue would lie on the Microsoft side of things. 

I would also make sure that the right steps are being followed to ensure the add-in is installed. 
See: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115005223126-Installing-the-Zoom-for-Outlook-add-in 

If this answer helped solve your question/issue, please hit the "Accept as Solution" button below.

Hey there, thanks for the reply. I forgot to mention, this happens only for our MAC users. Is the add-in supposed to show up on webmail as well as the desktop client? Just wanted to verify that, as we are using O365.

I also found an article here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/4412648866701-Troubleshooting-the-Zoom-for-Outlook-add-in#...

Should we be clearing the cache for MAC, at this location 

• /Users/{your_name_on_the_device}/Library/Containers/com.Microsoft.OsfWebHost/Data/

J-Zoom-ATL

@janzaldua In my experience it should be showing for webmail as well. 

That is another great article for potential issues, but it shouldn't be necessary to clear that cache every time. It should only be necessary if there are issues with it appearing on the ribbon. 
I would add this to your list of troubleshooting steps that you provided earlier, but it should not be necessary for each user to have this cleared. 

Yes, I think the main issue is that it will not appear on the ribbon. And if the add-in is enabled, but it is not appearing on the ribbon, is there somewhere else it can appear?

J-Zoom-ATL

@janzaldua You'll want to check the ribbon from the calendar event popup after clicking to add an event as it should appear there when scheduling.

That's the thing, it doesn't appear there either. I assume the ribbon also included the "add an event" ribbon as well. 

J-Zoom-ATL

@janzaldua Here is an article from Microsoft on Add-in compatibility. For those users, you may want to check to make sure the client isn't configured to connect with POP3 or IMAP because add-ins aren't supported with those connection types on Outlook. 
"When configuring the client, the user must choose an ExchangeOffice, or Outlook.com account type. If the client is configured to connect with POP3 or IMAP, add-ins will not load."
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office/dev/add-ins/outlook/add-in-requirements 

NiceSnake
Listener

I wonder if the issue has been resolved? Looks like Zoom plug-in doesn't work for Outlook for Windows which Microsoft just made "Try the new Outlook" toggle available to all Microsoft channels as of January 9, 2024.

I just wanted to confirm that the Zoom plug-in is working with Outlook client version 2308 and also Outlook on the Web (from any browser), but not with the new Outlook, aka Outlook for Windows. I have reinstalled Zoom and even Zoom plug-in for Outlook on the web many times but still not showing up. I verified that Zoom is checked under Calendar/Customize actions. Can Zoom support look into it as we have over 7000 users? Thanks.

About Outlook Version (This is Outlook for Windows)

You have Microsoft Outlook Version 1.2024.103.100 (Production).

Client Version is 20231215008.10