cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom on Windows Virtual Desktop / Azure virtual Desktop

YSNL
Listener

Dear Zoom,

I'm trying to get Zoom working on our new WVD environment. I've installed the Zoom for VDI appilcaton and also installed the Zoom plugin on my own laptop. When I start zoom (in WVD) the client opens and connects to the plugin on my local machine (so far so good). But when I am in the meeting, I cannot see any camera of other users within the call. Also I cannot see their names or anything. If I turn on my own camera, the other people (who are not using Zoom for VDI) within the meeting can see my video stream, but I cannot.

I've added a screenshot of the Zoom for VDI application which shows the behavior.

Screenshot 2021-10-18 105200.png

Also below the specifications of our Windows Virtual Desktop environment.

WVD environment:

Windows Virtual Desktop (running Windows 10 21h1) 

Zoom for VDI (version 5.8.0)

RDP settings below

Screenshot 2021-10-18 105513.png

Client

Zoom Plugin for Windows Virtual Desktop Client (version 5.8.0) 

Do you have any idea what causes this issue?

Thanks a lot!

Kind regards,

YS

5 REPLIES 5

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @YSNL, I did find a ticket open that was similar to your discussion posted. I'd advise you to continue to get assistance from your support agent and once your ticket is resolved if you don't mind sharing the solution to this for other community members having a similar problem. 

Thanks! 🙂

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

YSNL
Listener

Answer from Zoom Support:

Unfortunately, adding support for virtualized apps is not currently on the roadmap. It has been discussed and there are some technical issues that make it non-trivial. 
Apart from that, the priority would be to support virtualized apps for Citrix followed by VMware, so WVD (now AVD) would be last in line. 

To summarize, we would recommend sticking to the Remote Desktop solution, which is working and supported. 

We stick to the Remote Desktop solution for now.

Regards,

YS

Hi,

When will a MAC plugin be available for Azure Virtual Desktop?

Dickiebird
Listener

Please can you check if you have screen capture restrictions applied on your client group policy. If its on and restricting screen capture then this will stop Zoom AVD client from interacting with the host. For some reason this does not affect MS Teams.

LiamOBrien1
Listener

Thank you. I've been looking at this for some time and it did turn out to be a screen capture group policy that was causing this.