cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom on FireTV Cube

ahg
Listener

Since July 29, 2021 there's been an official Zoom client for the FireTV Cube product from Amazon, however I can find very little info on it.  If you click on the "More" button from the Zoom dashboard, one of the choices is "Camera Control".  Grayed out  in that menu is +/- magnifier and direction buttons to ostensibly control camera pan and zoom.  Below that is a toggle for mirroring the camera.  The only option active for me it the mirror toggle.   I'm using a Logitech C930e webcam with it, not exactly an obscure camera, but also not one of the four recommended in Amazon's announcement at the end of July.  Since I plan on placing the camera atop my big screen TV and the camera has a particularly wide angle lens (for a boardroom conference table) it's not very usable from my sofa. 

The four recommended cameras were the Logitech C920, the C922x, the C310, and the Wansview 101JD.  My questions is - does anyone have experience using the Zoom app on the Cube with one of these cameras, and does the zoom/pan controls work with it?  I would buy one of them if I knew the zoom/pan controls worked in the Zoom app.  TIA.

2 REPLIES 2

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @ahg, I wish I could test this for you, but I do not have a FireTV to test with!  🙁

However, the controls you're seeing are for PTZ Camera with UVC control support. From the blog https://amazonfiretv.blog/two-way-video-calling-with-zoom-now-available-on-fire-tv-cube-2nd-gen-7ba7... and recommended cameras from the blog -- looks like the only camera that has UVC mode is the C920.

Any UVC compliant device will allow UVC pan/tilt/zoom control of that camera if implemented correctly on the device. Which looking into those recommended cameras It looks like the C920 is UVC compatible. 

Also, here's another updated article on more info about the Zoom available on Fire TV https://amazonfiretv.blog/zoom-now-available-on-fire-tv-omni-series-1aad0b4ec30d

If any other community members have one to test with I am open to suggestions, but I wouldn't see why this wouldn't be possible. 😀

Here is our Documentation for Camera Control:

I hope this info helps! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

faengelm
Listener

I'm also getting the same grayed-out camera controls in Zoom Meetings on my Amazon Omni Fire TV using the Logitech C922x Pro camera