cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom on Cloudready/Chromium

DS256
Listener

I just installed Cloudready 94.4.4 (Home Build) on a HP Pavilion dv6500. Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo processor T7300 (2.00 GHz, 4 MB L2 Cache, 800MHz FSB). It has 4GB of memory. It has a NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS with DirectX 10 but no listing of supporting WebGL.

I installed the App by opening Chromium and going to the Zoom.us site.

I'm doing a test from my Windows 10 desktop on my Personal Zoom room. I can get the Cloudready to ask for admission. When I admit, the Zoom on the Cloudready freezes. Sometimes it comes back to the Join menu.

Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3

Arps
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello!

On our system requirements page, we don't specifically list the generations of processors, so while your computer may appear to meet the specs, but the core 2 duo processor is likely the cause of the issue you're having.   We recommend i3,i5,i7 series, so It's likely just a bit underpowered to run zoom.

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Thanks! Rick

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362023-Zoom-system-requirements-Windows-macOS-Linux

l is ulisa

Thanks Rick but the processor in the laptop is faster than an i3 so I'd need a little more direction in which resource I am likely short on.

I've also been told by my daughter, who is a teacher, that her school board has found that the Chrome based Zoom extension doesn't work on Chromebooks so I'm not expecting a solution for Cloudready.