cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom on Citrix VDI with Chromebook

h6708
Listener

Hello,

I am rolling out chromebooks as thin clients to our end users. We're using the Citrix Workspace app natively on ChromeOS. When I launch Zoom from within the VDI, the audio quality is very poor and the camera is not accessible. In the past, we had used the VDI plugin app to allow zoom to use the local system resources. There's a VDI plugin available for almost all platforms, but I am not seeing ChromeOS. Is there a way to improve the user experience on Citrix VDI via ChromeOS? Will a plugin be available in the future?

4 REPLIES 4

RajanB
Participant | Zoom Employee
Participant | Zoom Employee

Hi

Unfortunately VDI Plug-in for ChromeOS is not available and the experience will not be optimum without it. Can you please reach out to your Zoom CSM to raise a feature request and find out about roadmap?

webbo73
Listener

been waiting for this for a few years now - still no sign of it but rumours are next year now.

ramr
Listener

Has there been any activity on this?  We were an early enterprise adopter of Zoom - but the lack of this feature is a major problem.   Teams, of course, works fine with Chrome OS / VMWare.

RVanderlippe
Listener

There is now a VDI solution for Citrix virtual desktops and Google Chromebooks. It was just released this week in VDI release 5.17.10. The solution is for managed Chromebooks and there is an article with more information about what is needed for configuration.