cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom occupying audio even after meeting ends

MiDo420
Listener

For quite some time I am experiencing problems with my Bose QC wireless headphones that they don’t pick up sound from my phone, when connected to both phone and MBP.  After some research I have found out that it’s caused by Zoom which - even after ending meeting - sometime keeps sending no sound/white noise to the audio and therefore the headphones think that MBP is playing sound and don’t switch to the phone. This happens even hours after last meeting has ended.

When I exit Zoom the quiet noise noticeably disappears from the headphones and things start working normally.

I asked my collegues and 3 of them are having the same problem, so it seems like a common thing. Is this a bug in Zoom? Could it be fixed? Or is there some setting to avoid this?

6 REPLIES 6

townsendwc
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@MiDo420 

Thank you for sharing this feedback with our community team. This does sound like a bug.  Have you opened a support case for this?  If not, please use the link below to open a web ticket with the Zoom Technical Support Team.  It should generate a ticket for tracking purposes.  Would you mind posting that ticket number here once you do open a ticket?  I'd like to track it to see if other customers are also having this issue.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/requests/new

Have a great day!

--Bill

@townsendwc thanks for the advice. I have raised the request: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/requests/13122703

Michal

townsendwc

@MiDo420 

Thanks for opening the ticket.  I see that it is an open state and waiting to be assigned.  You should hear something from a support member within 24 hours.  

jdreimann
Listener

I can confirm I've been encountering the exact same issue. It doesn't appear I can add any weight to the support request so I'm responding here.

Philip_Walklett
Listener

Hi, any update on this?

I have a Zoom meeting on a Monday morning for the whole company, on a handful of computers after the meeting ends the headsets (Poly Voyager) seem to be locked on the audio channel, I need to close Zoom, then pull out the Bluetooth dongle, repair the headset to the HiHi phone before I can use it again, this is very annoying, this does not happen on every computer I have just a selected few.

It is as if the audio stream is still locked to the zoom meeting?

Is there a patch for this? I have everything up to date but my employees are getting a little annoyed with this now.

Thanks.

townsendwc

@Philip_Walklett 

You may want to open a support case.  I am not aware of this being a mass problem for Zoom. Even you state this is on a handful of computers.  When we have seen this type of problem in the past, it was related to a HID driver problem or a device firmware problem.