cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom not recognising my microphone

Mich74
Listener

I am having challenges with ZOOM recognising my headset microphone; it happily recognises the speaker [all good] however not the microphone and therefore the desktop or internal microphones are only option. Any way of rectifying this? I have tried different headsets as I thought it maybe a fault in the first headset but I have tried 3 headsets and zoom does not pick up sound from any of their microphones. 

Thanks and hope that makes sense 🙂

1 REPLY 1

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @Mich74! Audio issues can be a few things

• Try updating Zoom, Windows OS, or Mac OS, and your Microphone Drivers, after doing that reset your computer. However, if you have OS updates most likely you'll automatically restart.
  • If your headset has software that you're aware of... I'd attempt installing that (which may install your drivers as well). Can you share what headset you're using?
  • Have you tried using your headset/mic in another application to see if you're still experiencing issues? OR if it's recognizable at zoom.us/test (Zoom Test Meeting using the web client)?
  • I'd ensure that the Zoom app has permission to use your microphone in Windows. Therefore, you would need to check and grant access to windows privacy settings.
  • Do you have other USB ports that you've tried as well?

Hope some of these suggestions help! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!