cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom not opening on Windows 10/11

sdoow
Listener

Hi, 

Zoom does not seem to open in Windows 10/11, it displays a "Zoom quit unexpectedly" error message before successfully booting into the application.

Device information: 

• Manufacturer: Dell
  • Specs: 16gb RAM, 1Tb SSD, intel integrated graphics

Extra information:

• Zoom allowed on Firewall
  • Reinstalled multiple times
  • Installed from Microsoft Store and Zoom downloads centre
  • Anti virus not impacting download

thanks

9 REPLIES 9

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Welcome to the Zoom Community @sdoow, and thank you for posting for the first time! 

Apologies if you have already done this, but it will help to get us on the same page.  Would you be so kind to do the following?  This will uninstall and reinstall your Zoom app from your computer using the CleanZoom app. 

Please install this CleanZoom app on your computer. This will uninstall the Zoom client completely from your computer. Here is the link: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/article_attachments/360084068792/CleanZoom.zip

After uninstalling the Zoom client, please reboot your device (very important), and then reinstall Zoom by going to this link and download Zoom client for Meetings (If you are using Windows 64-bit, please download the 64-bit version): zoom.us/download

64bit.png

After you successfully installed the Zoom client, re-test to see if you still experience the issue.

Keep me updated!
Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

I tried your suggestions, Carla, but am still unable to open Zoom. For the past two weeks I have been unable to join a zoom meeting. It hangs on the joining screen. I run Windows 11 64 bit.

I uninstalled Zoom and when I go to the zoom webpage to reinstall, the webpage does not load. Zoom.us does not load. Zoom.us/download does not load. I have been unable to load the Zoom webpage to reinstall for the past week. How can I load the Zoom webpage to be able to reinstall Zoom? I have cleaned cache and rebooted several times. Zoom now supports Windows 11 so what is the problem??

rieggemr
Listener

I tried your suggestions, Carla, but am still unable to open Zoom. For the past two weeks I have been unable to join a zoom meeting. It hangs on the joining screen. I run Windows 11 64 bit. I uninstalled Zoom and when I go to the zoom webpage to reinstall, the webpage does not load. Zoom.us does not load. Zoom.us/download does not load. I have been unable to load the Zoom webpage to reinstall for the past week. How can I load the Zoom webpage to be able to reinstall Zoom? I have cleaned cache and rebooted several times.

HI @rieggemr ,  i'm sorry that you have been unable to load Zoom. Can you please try going to zoom.us/download using an incognito browser/ private browser and let me know if that helps.

Thanks!

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

I have tried opening in an incognito or private browser and it does not work and zoom.us does not load. Do you have any other ideas? I am a paying Pro plan customer and am not receiving the service I am paying for.

Wizardfkap
Listener

rieggemr (or anyone else) - Have you ever solved your problem?  I have had the same problem for over two months now and it has never been solved.  I have tried every solution suggested.  Curiously, Messenger also fails to even open. Both problems started on exactly the same day.

No, I have not been able to solve the problem yet. I contacted Zoom support. They sent me the exe files, I downloaded those, installed them, and had the same problem. I tried 64 bit and 32 bit. When I log in I get the 100 error code, even though I have verified that I'm using my correct login password. I have tried EVERY proposed solution by Zoom support, but nothing works. I started having this problem months ago after a Zoom automatic update. I am unable to use Zoom on my Windows 11 PC, even though I have a paid subscription.

ifurman
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Have you tried the 32bit version of Zoom from here? https://zoom.us/download#client_4meeting

Yep, I have tried that. It did not work.

I contacted Zoom support. They sent me the exe files, I downloaded those, installed them, and had the same problem. I tried 64 bit and 32 bit. When I log in I get the 100 error code, even though I have verified that I'm using my correct login password. I have tried EVERY proposed solution by Zoom support, but nothing works. I started having this problem months ago after a Zoom automatic update. I am unable to use Zoom on my Windows 11 PC, even though I have a paid subscription.