cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom not keeping latest version after update

Sway
Listener

I have a user that has been trying to update to 5.11.4 from 5.9. Everyday last week were able to update and the update appeared successful. The following day however the users version had returned to 5.9 every single time. We checked to make sure there was no restore points or anything or previous versions.  I would appreciate any tips that might get us to a resolution.

4 REPLIES 4

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @Sway 

You might try a complete uninstallation, restart the device, and then try installing the newest version directly.  If using a Windows device, you can use this clean uninstaller to remove the application entirely. 

I need directions for uninstalling older version on a mac = where to find that in the zoom system and then where to find the latest version.

MarcAmmerlaan
Listener

Hi, I'm using Ubuntu and updated last week to the latest version 22.04 since Zoom-client doesn't work, only in the Firefox browser I can join a meeting. Via the updater of Ubuntu I re-installed Zoom-client, and it should be version 5.11.9.4300 (in a snap). But in the Zoom window that opens, it's just version 5.0.413237.0524 and it gives an error: I should update....

Don't  know what's wrong.

Thank's for helping.

Problem solved:

My solution  was:

Remove zoom-client in the Ubuntu-software tool.

Restart system.

Download latest zoom version (in home/Downloads).

Open a terminal.

cd home/usrname/Downloads

sudo apt install gdebi
sudo apt autoremove
sudo gdebi zoom_amd64.deb

And I have the latest version when I open a Zoom-link.