cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom meeting keeps freezing every few seconds

Justice44
Listener

Hi all,

My Zoom meetings started freezing every few seconds. It used to be so much better. My Zoom version is up-to-date.  Just bought a new high-speed Internet. I don't have any similar products running on my computer. I even close all of the apps (including Internet, docs etc) all to no avail.

I wonder if it may have something to do with my account provisioned in the US but I am located in Canada??? I could be connecting to the US server instead of the  local one here in Canada. Then again, my Zoom experience was really good until a couple of months ago when all of a sudden it started giving me this freezing problem. Thinking that my 2-yr old  router could be the issue, I got a new router. The Internet speed is extremely high.  So, I don't think it has anything to do with the router. 

Any suggestions would be much  appreciated.  Thank you in advance...

Justie

6 REPLIES 6

Justice44
Listener

Sorry, I meant to say just bought a new high-speed Router (not Internet... lol).

Justie

wowbrown
Listener

I have the same problem with freezing.  I have Xfinity's 1T internet and I use my computer for video editing:

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz 3.70 GHz
Installed RAM 32.0 GB (31.7 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

OS Windows 11 Home

Settings on "Highest Performance"

DJTodd
Listener

I am having the same issue. I have tried troubleshooting this issue myself to no avail and there are no articles regarding how correct this issue. I am running Zoom with a hardwired gigabit ethernet, no connection issues. Computer specs are:
iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020
Processor: 3.7GHz 10-Core Intel Core i9
Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8GB

Memory: 128 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

OS Ventura 13.0.1
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

StephenConnor
Listener

I am another one with Zoom Freeze problems. Virtually every meeting I have freezes usually about 50 minutes into the meeting. Everyone just freezes on the page, I get the spinning wheel and have to force quite zoom and re-enter. On MacPro with 1 TB speed, hard wired to my router. DL latest version of Zoom. Can't find any other guidance. Can someone from zoom help?

blega2839
Listener

My experience is similar. I have a relatively new MacBook M1 Pro running Ventura 13.3.1 with 16 GB memory. The problem started last year with occasional freezes (more like stutters, where the meeting would lag video and audio and then resume), but since Ventura it freezes every few minutes and then bounces me out to reconnect. Last evening in the course of a one hour meeting I was frozen/reconnected 9 times. I am uncertain whether this is the M1 chipset or Ventura, although the problem is worse with Ventura (it was first noticed with the M1 Pro chipset). Does Zoom have any suggestions or answers?

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hello,

I suggest you submit a ticket with Zoom support (https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/requests/new)  
Regards