cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom meeting client for windows xp

Ansh
Listener

Hi I have windows xp service pack 3 32 bit I want to download zoom in it but it saying it is not a valid 32 bit application 

Please help me 

11 REPLIES 11

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @Ansh 

Unfortunately, it seems that our system requirements do not state Windows XP as a supported version for the Zoom desktop client. 

Can earlier version ld zoom works? 

Bort

Hi @Ansh 

Based on a bit of research, it might be possible to install an older version of Zoom to work on XP. This is the link for 5.1.1 from June 2020. This is a 1-year old version of Zoom, so it is missing many security enhancements, bug fixes, and new features, so install and use at your own caution. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Need comparable link for Win32 for Zoom Download

Savpas131_SAP
Listener

Hi @Ansh  Zoom client doesn't support older versions like Windows XP

I have Zoom version 5.0.26213.602 and up until recently it worked fine with Windows XP. Now it has stopped working. I get error 104103 when trying to join a meeting (the only thing I am interested in doing). Can anyone help? Thanks.

Cixert
Listener

So far Zoom has an updated special version for Windows XP, based on V.5
It is not easy to find on the Internet, this is automatically downloaded when you try to join a videoconference.
His name is zoominstallerxp.exe
And the latest version available is v. 5.0.5 (26213.0602)

If this does not work, you can run Zoom on Windows XP through the 360 Extreme Explorer browser or Kafan MiniBrowser (both Chromium Based)

Yes, officially Windows XP has been stated as not supported for quite some time. Note however if you attempt to join a meeting using an XP device, Zoom will offer to download a client installer for v. 5.0.5 as a file named 'ZoomInstallerXP.' And if you download it, it will install. And you can use it to enter a test meeting (at https://www.zoom.us/test). That is all true as of the date of this reply. One might well wonder why this would be all be the case if Zoom had entirely abandoned XP way-back-when.

Mid July, 2022 I used an XP SP3 device + 5.0.5 to successfully join a Zoom meeting. However in joining a meeting earlier today (early October, 2022) using XP + 5.0.5 I had no audio (despite the menu option 'Test speaker and microphone' incorrectly confirming that audio was functioning correctly). Also, after about 2 minutes, I was thrown out of the meeting and received the message 'Network connection failure. Please check your network and try again' (even though my wired network connection was rock-solid). These two issues replicated & persisted.

My interpretation of all these events is that (1) Zoom had been continuing to allow for use by XP devices 'on the down-low,' while skirting any official support to XP users and (2) these two issues (that apparently emerged mid-August 2022) are XP-specific and Zoom, given its current market situation, has decided not to devote any more resources to coding server-side XP workarounds. So, practically speaking, no more Zoom under XP. They ought to at least take the time to delete the ZoomInstallerXP offer … and have Zoom return messages like 'Zoom will not run under your OS" instead of letting you actually enter meetings.

You CAN enter a Zoom meeting under XP using the 360 Extreme Explorer browser, v. 13. First you have to cancel-out of pop-up offers to download ZoomInstallerXP (that would simply reinstall 5.0.5) and also to launch the Zoom client. Then there will be a link stating "Having issues with Zoom Client? Join from Your Browser." Click that link and, after a slight delay, you will be able to access the meeting with audio & video. But it will consume nearly 100% of system resources and will bog XP down so much as to make it – and your presence in the meeting -- non-functional.

The Zoom site says version 5.0.5 (26213.0602).
But after ZoomInstallerXP.exe is downloaded it says version 5.0.0.0.
Why is there this discrepancy?

I agree with you that if you look at the file attributes, there is a attribute that states "File Version: 5,0,0,0." HOWEVER IF YOU INSTALL THAT FILE and run the program its "about" screen will state that it is Version 5.0.5 (26213.0602). Further, I have a saved version of what I KNOW to be be the 5.0.5 (26213.0602) installation file, I saved it over two years ago, and it also states the  file attribute "File Version: 5,0,0,0." Further, I just downloaded a fresh copy of ZoomInstallerXP.exe from the Zoom website. And both that fresh file ... and the file I saved over two years ago ... are the exact same size, 24,082Kb. Apparently Zoom just left the file attribute as "Version 5" without bothering to update the attribute with further detail as Version 5 progressed.

Cixert
Listener

Yes, just what you describe has happened to me this morning at an important meeting.
But I do not agree that the Windows XP version is eliminated, this version has been updated in 2021.
Zoom should update the Windows XP version to ensure its compatibility in 2022.
Many people will never use operating systems after Windows XP because we do not agree on their mode of operation.