cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom local recording issues: the screen is all black

hi999
Listener

I recorded two zoom meetings (6hours & 3 hours) on my desktop. 

Both of the video seemed being recorded smoothly,  but when I opened the mp4 video, both of them don't show the screen. I can hear the voice, but I cannot see anything. The screen is all black. 

Is there anyone who knows the reason and how to fix this? 

Thank you. 

7 REPLIES 7

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @hi999, how are you accessing the recording file? Have you tried to manually convert the local recording files?

You can attempt the following:

-Visit the location where the local recording files are stored, the default path would be: ~/Documents/Zoom
-Find the file double click to convert and double click it to convert
-If the “double click to convert” file is not working, with this trick try making a new “meeting”, with only yourself. Start a recording, then after a few seconds stop it, but don't end the meeting. In a folder inside documents/zoom/ named with date/time, you can locate a new “double click to convert” file.  Swap it with the file you need to convert, then stop the meeting.

Looking forward to your response and let me know if this helps! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Thank you for the suggestion. I don't see a convert option when I double click. I'm on a macbook pro. 

Converting the files isn't the issue, it lies when I open the recording, it's all black but the audio, is clear.

Was there ever a fix for this? I am seeing it on my Macbook as well

me805
Listener

This just happened to me and I used record portion of the screen???

skyomansky
Listener

me too - this just happened on a meeting I did.

The only difference I did was that I imported in a grid pdf file and I annotated on top of that grid - I also showed my video image as I was talking, and used a white board to annotate on top.  It recorded fine it seemed and I can still see my whiteboard, but when I view the recording (it already converted), its all black - the audio is there and my video image is there - but everything else is black.

pilatesaura
Listener

this is also happening to me and apparently I don't have an account where they can simply tell me the answer on how to fix it... not even the chat bot will help me...so here I am...anyone figure it out? thanks in advance for the support