cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom link from outlook corrupted url

ygmath
Listener

I meet with someone weekly who sends me a copy of the zoom invite that their outlook generates.  For some reason, the URL in the hyperlink is not correct. 

So, let's say the URL should be

"https://us02web.zoom.us/j/###?pwd=###"

That's the text of the hyperlink, but the actual URL in the hyperlink instead has extra characters at the end: 

"https://us02web.zoom.us/j/###?pwd=###%20%5Ct%20_blank"

As a result, when the meeting loads I have to enter the password manually each time.  If I copy the URL and paste it or if I remove the extra characters at the end, everything works just fine. 

Any idea what would cause this?  Anyone else encounter this? The person who is sending me the link isn't computer-savvy so I'm not even sure whether they are using the add-in or the plugin.  

4 REPLIES 4

jeremyjustin
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @ygmath thank you for your post here on the Zoom Community! This one is a little strange, I'm curious of the workflow the person is using when sending you the Zoom link. It sounds like something is modifying the link...occasionally this can happen with email security/filtering programs that end up modifying the string. If they are able to add your email address directly in their Outlook so that you get the most native form of the invite as possible, that could help? 

Perhaps getting into a Zoom session, having the person share screen so you can see the original invite, and ask them how they send you the link will illuminate what is actually happening. 

If this has answered your question to your satisfaction, please click the "Accept as Solution" button below but if not please reply and we can continue the  discussion. Thank you!

I will ask about the workflow.  I believe that in general, they create an outlook+zoom meeting in outlook and then copy/paste the invitation into a secure message.  This has been happening to me for over a year and happens to everyone that this person has meetings with as far as I know.  Because of that, I was hoping that this isn't a unique problem and others have encountered it.

ygmath
Listener

Update: the person reached out to their IT department and they helped to change some settings in outlook (forget what exactly they were, maybe a checkbox somewhere?) and it made the issue go away.

tomya12
Listener

Hi, I am having the same error. The recipients of my email get a corrupted zoom link whenever I send it thru Gmail or send a Calendar event in google. I hope you can help me with this. Thank you very much!