cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom keeps crashing my Surface Pro 7

Gillian67
Listener

Hi there

In recent months, every time I use Zoom on my Surface it crashes and I get the BSOD. I have disabled hardware acceleration, but it still happens, even when Zoom is the only application running. I currently pay for a Zoom subscription, but won't renew if I can't get this fixed as I currently can't use it without a crash.

Gillian

6 REPLIES 6

ZoomerIT
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @Gillian67 ,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Community! I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing crashes on your Surface Pro 7 while using Zoom. Here are a few things that you can try to hopefully resolve this issue:

1. Make sure that you have the latest version of Zoom installed. You can check for updates by going to the Zoom website and downloading the latest version.

2. Check to see if there are any updates available for your Surface Pro 7. You can do this by going to the Start menu and clicking on "Settings," then "Update & Security."

3. Do a full restart of your Surface Pro 7.

4. Finally, once the restart has been completed, please log back into Zoom and modify the following settings:
    • Change the Video Capturing Method (Video- Advanced) from Auto to  Direct Show and restart the zoom client.

If the issue continues to occur after trying these processes, I highly recommend submitting a ticket to Zoom Support so that further investigation can be done. 

Thanks!

Same with a Surface Pro 7 I support. I've uninstalled/reinstalled the Zoom application with the latest version. It works for a day and then the freezing starts again, whether at home or work. Is Zoom going to address this issue?

SaiRaj
Listener

HI 

Similar issues for me too. Help me if there is any fix identified. 

Same here. Zoom can't open the camera.

I tried all steps recommended and won't fix.

edhald
Listener

I had an issue with my Surface Pro 7.  I'm able to have video meetings on it, no problem, but when I tried to play back the recorded videos of the meetings, the screen went black and the mousepad became frozen and jerked to the wrong places when I tried to move it.  I restarted the Surface Pro 7 and it still had the same mousepad problem.  I then plugged in a USB mouse, and it worked fine, but the mousepad didn't.  I left it off overnight, and in the morning the mouspad had recovered.  I thought it was a one-time issue, so I tried to watch a video again, and the same things occurred.  I'm now watching the recorded videos on the desktop computer with no issues.  

druekberg
Listener

I also get BSOD crashes almost every time I use Zoom on my ASUS Zenbook. I've tried everything. See my post here (which no one has replied to): https://community.zoom.com/t5/Meetings/Zoom-causes-BSOD/m-p/155018#M87103