cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom keeps crashing in the middle of the meetings

Bram005
Listener

It keep crashing/frozing in the middle of the meetings, the only way to close it is to close it in the task administrator

1 REPLY 1

ZoomTestKitchen
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

I used to deal with this a short few months ago. We actually just closed the support ticket on it, recently. It initially had to do with the Zoom client for a short bit of time had an issue on computers with AMD processors. I don't recall the version. But, there was a specific update that stated that it fixed the AMD issue.

Unfortunately, it keep happening to me even after the update. Sill not perfectly clear on what the root issue was, but it did eventually go away. I'm running on the latest version 5.8.7, now. But, it's not been a problem for several versions back, now.

If this at all might be aligned with your system, I would recommend updating to the latest version.

The other thought and some tests you can try is under the Advanced Video Settings there are settings for Hardware Acceleration, Video Rendering, etc. that offer several options.

Here is an article that describes them.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360037870291-Managing-advanced-video-settings

Jeff Widgren
#ZoomTestKitchen

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen