cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom keeps crashing even after reinstall

Giyeon
Listener

I'm using surface pro 7 and it doesn't have a much issue other than using Zoom.

Below are the series of troubles I repeatedly experience even after deleting & re-installing the Zoom:

1. Whenever I use Zoom it starts to crash with the message saying "The Zoom not responding..." after I was using it like 30-40 minutes.

2. When I re-connect to Zoom after few minutes, my camera doesn't work. My screen's black when I turn on my camera

3. So I restart my surface laptop and hit 'launch the Zoom' button again, now Zoom doesn't respond at all. But it only appears at task manager list.

4. When I forced termination of Zoom through task manager and try to re-connect, it says I'm already participating in the meeting while other people can't see me participating at all. 

3 REPLIES 3

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @Giyeon
My name is Brandon. Thanks for joining the Zoom Community! This is likely that your CPU is getting overworked by the amount of applications that you have running at one time while in a Zoom meeting. My recommendation is to alleviate the stress on your CPU while in a Zoom meeting by closing all applications that are not needed while you are in your Zoom Meeting. 

You can also monitor your CPU inside of the Zoom application. Simply go to settings > statistics inside the Zoom Desktop Client while in a meeting and view your computers CPU usage in real time.  Screen shot below. 

Screen Shot 2022-07-18 at 3.24.35 PM.png

Thanks, 

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Giyeon
Listener

Hi Brandon, thanks for the reply. I thought about that too but it happened even when I'm only using the Zoom and while all the application has been closed. 

JimmyWick
Attendee

If Zoom keeps crashing on your computer, there may be something wrong with the app settings. You can try adjusting the Video Rendering Method as follows and see if that helps. Launch Zoom and click the gear icon at the upper right corner. Select the Video tab and click Advanced

Regards,
J Wick