cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom is not working with Logitech Capture

gedonis
Listener

I'm on the latest version of both Zoom (5.7.7.1105) and Logitech Capture (2.06.12) as of Sep 25, 2021. Logi Capture shows up as a camera option within Zoom. However, if I select it as my camera, Zoom displays a pop-up error messages that says "Cannot start video - Failed to start the video camera. Please select another video camera in settings" and I see gray square instead of my video. Is it possible to solve this integration problem?

10 REPLIES 10

gedonis
Listener

The problem was solved by reinstalling Logitech Capture 

Bri
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

I'm so glad you were able to get that resolved @gedonis ! Let us know if anything else happens 🙂

Bri
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

That solution didn't work for me.  Anything else I can try?  It does not matter if I run Zoom as an administrator.  My desire is to be able to use the PTZ features of the Logitech C920 webcam I'm using.  This is the camera list I see and my image when I select the C920.

camera list.png

I get the failure to start camera error below when I select Logi Capture and turn on video.

error.png

Any help would be appreciated.

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @ZB could you try uninstalling Zoom and reinstalling Zoom as well as Logi Capture? Just want to ensure you're up-to-date on both Zoom and Logi Capture. Keeping Logi Capture open when attempting to select as a camera.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

I'm having this issue. On 2 Win10 devices. Cam works fine. VCam doesn't.
Was working fine until recently.
Have done reinstalls.

Hi @nielscorfield this must be how you have your virtual camera configured, as Zoom just reads the available inputs. Are you using OBS? Suggest looking into this overview on using the OBS Virtual Camera software. 

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

After several weeks away from my PC and making sure that both Zoom and Logi Capture are updated, selecting Logi Capture as a virtual camera in Zoom is now not working any longer - it had worked before - getting the dreaded "Cannot start video ..." pop-up in Zoom. 

Tried re-installing both but no improvement. Thoughts?

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @Paul17 can you please confirm with me the version of both software, Logi Capture and Zoom; with the operating system you are currently running, whether that is Windows or macOS.

I will try to replicate and do testing from my end to see if I am experiencing the same. 

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

librarianmom
Listener

How do I reinstall logitech capture?

I'd recommend not installing it.  I am weighing into this discussion because bad experiences today.   Capture started causing severe stuttering and freezing issues.  I've removed it and replaced it with LogiTune, the simple controller for Logitech cameras.  Problem solved.