cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Zoom is not allowing me to run a meeting from Spain (I'm from the UK) how do I solve?

jenEV
Listener

Zoom is not allowing me to run a meeting from Spain (I'm from the UK) how do I solve? I pay monthly for zoom so it's not the free version.

4 REPLIES 4

chrismenard7
Community Champion | Customer

Hello. You are from the UK but can't run a Zoom meeting from Spain. This possibly sounds like that meeting has either countries blocked or only certain countries can join. Can you open the meeting and check if that is the case? The feature is called Approve or block entry to users from specific regions/countries. I added a screenshot for you.

If, by chance, that is not the case, can you start a meeting from scratch while in Spain? Open the Zoom desktop app, and click New Meeting.  

I hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you need.

jenEV
Listener

Thank you, yes I can start a meeting and send a new invite but I canā€™t access my own meeting room/usual link? I can't seem to find where approve or block entry to users from specific regions/countries is....on zoom...

chrismenard7
  1. Go to Zoom.US
  2. Click Meeting on the left and then click Edit to edit a meeting's setting. (image 1)
  3. Scroll to the bottom and click Show next to Options (image 2)
  4. Under options, there is a checkbox for Approve or block entry to users from specific regions/countries
  5. See if you have Spain blocked or if Spain isn't allowed (image 3)

One other thing I can think of. Is this a company Zoom account? If yes, do you think your admin blocked some countries? 

jenEV
Listener

Ah I think I've found it under 'show meeting invitation - advanced. Thank you. Finger's crossed that works!