cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom invitations being sent through wrong email account in Outlook

FelicityP
Listener

I have got a new laptop, which I am using to schedule Zoom meetings for the first time today.

The Zoom invitations are defaulting to an email account that is not my default account in Outlook. It is also not an account that I use at all to sign-in to my Zoom account.

And I am not able to change the send account in Outlook from the invitation.

Any ideas about why this is happening and how I can get round it, please?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

jeremyjustin
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @FelicityP thank you for your post here on the Zoom Community! If your calendar invitations are coming up with wrong email in the "from" listing, it could be that your default calendar account in Outlook needs to be modified. Especially if you send Outlook calendar invites that do not have Zoom information, this would definitely point back to Outlook rather than anything on the Zoom side. I found an article that talks about how to check accounts in Outlook and make sure the proper default ones are set

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/set-default-calendar-7c546486-0c7c-4870-964a-0d6eb4de83e0

I hope that helps but please let us know if there are further questions!

If this has answered your question to your satisfaction, please click the "Accept as Solution" button below but if not please reply and we can continue the  discussion. Thank you!

View solution in original post

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I have just fixed the problem, which - as you deduced - related to the settings in Outlook. I changed the default account in data files to match the default account in email, and my Zoom invites now go through the correct account.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

jeremyjustin

Hi @FelicityP thank you for your post here on the Zoom Community! If your calendar invitations are coming up with wrong email in the "from" listing, it could be that your default calendar account in Outlook needs to be modified. Especially if you send Outlook calendar invites that do not have Zoom information, this would definitely point back to Outlook rather than anything on the Zoom side. I found an article that talks about how to check accounts in Outlook and make sure the proper default ones are set

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/set-default-calendar-7c546486-0c7c-4870-964a-0d6eb4de83e0

I hope that helps but please let us know if there are further questions!

If this has answered your question to your satisfaction, please click the "Accept as Solution" button below but if not please reply and we can continue the  discussion. Thank you!

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I have just fixed the problem, which - as you deduced - related to the settings in Outlook. I changed the default account in data files to match the default account in email, and my Zoom invites now go through the correct account.

Hi JeremyJustin, I am having the exact same problem, but not using Outlook.  I am using gmail, but when I am in zoom and want to add a new person to the meeting, it tries to send from my personal gmail account instead of my work account.  All my login information in zoom is correct (matches my business account), but somehow, it drags my personal account into those emails, not even allowing me to choose business.  Help. 

This problem has been driving me crazy for a couple of years and I have never found a solution. My default account in Office Outlook is my business account (a Gmail account), so by default, all emails from MS Office Outlook, are sent from it, EXCEPT for Zoom invites. These are sent from my personal Outlook.com account. As an individual user, I am unable to access phone support to help me resolve this, which is a very questionable decision IMO, and has dinged my otherwise favorable view of Zoom. (I would willingly pay to access phone support.) I have tried everything including going into my account page and selecting the option to only show my designated address, which did not work. Having replies come back to my personal account, which I monitor less frequently than my business account, has caused problems over time. Also, business contacts that have previously received Zoom invites from me, often send business emails to my personal account because that is what can come up for them in autocomplete. How do I resolve this? PLEASE HELP!!!

Hi JeremyJustin, I wonder if you could update this answer to address Mac programs.

I cannot figure out why my personal email is being used to send zoom invites.

I have an updated Mac, and use Chrome. My emails are all google emails. My zoom account is registered to my work email and does not indicate it has access to any other email. Even so, when I send a zoom invite, it goes out from the personal email that I only use with family and friends. UGH. That email is not the default for the Mac "Mail" program, and it is not the default for Calendar.  So frustrating.

What. Is. Happening. 

Please help. 

thanks

Margaret

Astro
Listener

I'm not using Outlook, just the Zoom app to create a scheduled meeting.  It is finding an email account I no longer use.  Does Zoom always look at Outlook?  Can I steer the email address to my current email address somewhere in Zoom settings?  I didn't enter the old email address anywhere in zoom, and didn't use it when I created by paid zoom account.

Did you find a fix? I have the same problem. My Zoom sends meeting invites from my Outlook instead of my gmail. How do I configure Zoom to send meeting invites from my gmail account instead of Outlook? I logged into my Zoom account on the web and checked Profile/Sign in - my Sign-in email is my gmail. Are we supposed to download some kind of Google plug-in to be able to send invitations from Zoom from our gmail? To clarify, I organise all my Zoom meetings in the Zoom app itself). Thanks.

Hi there. Yes I did find a solution as outlined in the thread above.

In my Outlook account settings, I found a discrepancy between the default account for emails (which was the account I wanted my invites sent from) and the default account for data files. When I changed the default account for data files, my Zoom invites were sent through that account. Hopefully this fix will work for you too. Good luck!

HI, did you find the solution? Same thing is happening to me, so frustrating. Looks so unprofessional to the client receiving the invitation! I also no longer have an outlook email address. 

Yes, I did. It's outlined in the thread above.

Good luck!