cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom installation error for Mac

ESPARKES
Listener

I have been using zoom for some time, however i have not been able to update the app recently. I tried to uninstall and reinstall the app, and i am getting the same issue i had when trying to update it (see image). I have followed the trouble shoot steps on some websites (removed firewall, allow downloads outside the app store) but had no luck. Any ideas?

Screenshot 2022-02-03 at 11.11.12.png

6 REPLIES 6

gallowayab
Listener

I've been having a similar problem:  

I have a brand new Mac OS 12.2.1 - I've downloaded and installed zoom.  When I try to open the app I get an error message that says "an error occurred while installing the selected updates".  There are not any selected updates and the only option is to click "install" - nothing happens.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled 4 times.  I continue to get the same loop.

REDRUBBY888
Listener

Same issue I am facing right now.. cannot install zoom at all on my Mac after I had to have it reset 
And Apple is passing this issue to Zoom as it's a 3rd party software which apple does not look after

Moulinrouge
Listener

I can't do it either. zoom doesn't support new version of Mac. 

KevinG-Pa
Listener

I'm getting the same thing... is Zoom addressing this?  I submitted a ticket to their tech support today.

I'm trying to upload Zoom on my new MacBook Pro - getting encounter error that has caused the installation to fail - contact manufacturer. I'm using Macmos Ventura 13.2 version currently. I have no older versions on the computer. This is the first time I've tried to uploading it on this new computer.  I went to Zoom/ resources / clicked on the zoom blue button to download Zoom desktop client. It downloaded, clicked on install, click through it, it asked for my password, it appeared it was installing it, only to get the message - the installation failed....encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.  Hoping someone will walk me through how to fix this problem. Thanks 

I can't believe Zoom doesn't work with the latest IOS version?  This is too big of a problem for them. It would affect too many people around the world.

Hey everybody.... I put a ticket in with Zoom and they got back to me with a solution. THANK YOU ZOOM!!!!

I'm copying the email here....

See the attached picture they sent me to change the downloads folder to "on"... under the installer... in ...Open System Preferences ---> Privacy and Security ---> Files and Folders.

Hi Kevin,
This is Ferlian from Zoom Support, I hope you're doing well!
I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with installing the Zoom desktop app on your macOS, I'm here to help you.

Could you please try to follow the workaround below: 

1. Open System Preferences ---> Privacy and Security ---> Files and Folders.
  2. Expand Installer.
  3. Enable access to the Downloads folder. (You may refer to the screenshot I attached)
  4. Attempt to upgrade again/reinstall the Zoom app once more.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Please let me know if you have any questions and I’d be happy to assist further.
For further inquiries, please feel free to visit our website at  
Best regards,

didnt work for me. 

oh well