cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom installation error 10002

felixhe
Listener

I am getting error 10002 every time I tried to update Zoom. 

I have to download the new version and install it.

MacOS 12.5.1 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

david-vola
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

Hi @felixhe ,

Attached link of the zoom support guide:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/5719629878413-Zoom-installation-error-code-10002

Best regards,

Please mark if this solution helped you so that other colleagues can find it!

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

Jameswalter
Participant

To fix this issue, you must reinstall Zoom. In the Windows search bar, search for "Control Panel." Click the Control Panel. If Control Panel is set to Category view, click Uninstall a Program.

Regards,
James

david-vola

Hi @felixhe ,

Attached link of the zoom support guide:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/5719629878413-Zoom-installation-error-code-10002

Best regards,

Please mark if this solution helped you so that other colleagues can find it!

rosmakloma
Listener

The original question/issue above clearly states this is an error on Mac OS - not Windows, as the two responses refer to. This is an ongoing issue.

tury58
Listener

In an August 13 security bulletin, Zoom said version 5.7.3 to version 5.11.3 of its macOS app contains a vulnerability in the auto-update process that can be exploited by a local low-privileged user to gain root privileges to the operating system. The vulnerability has been patched in version 5.11.11 of the Zoom app for macOS, available now (just click on the link).

I installed it today and it is now updated!

felixhe
Listener

I'm still having the same problem even after I updated to version 5.11.11.  

kyzlaw
Listener

Had the same problem, had to install it manually from Zoom - https://zoom.us/download

It worked. 

Azalahez
Listener

The problem persists even with the latest version on mac. I always have to install manually zoom since many versions.

MarkoB
Listener

None of the above solutions work. The error message 10002 continues to pop up even after months. The auto update is useless. Only a manual install as a workaround is working.

I'm running v. 5.12.9 (13190) and the update runs in the same error.

Listener

I've the same error code 10002 on MacOSX 12.6.2 . I uninstalled & reinstalled Zoom, but the error reappears... 

NancyWoods
Listener

I also have a Mac and am running Ventura 13.1 and I also have the same error.

Mike_
Listener

Same here, still can't reinstall. I uninstalled zoom using CleanMyMac. It fails on this step

Mike__0-1679478633824.png

evansoft
Listener

Just resolved on my mac after months of not being able to update. 

- Go to system settings

- Go to Privacy & Security

- Go to Full Disk Access

- Toggle "Installer" so it has access

- Retry install. I did it with a fresh download of the installer, might work with an update through the zoom app

What about school ipads 

When I arrived at "Full Disk Access" there was no "Installer" app listed to allow me to give it access. I'm running Ventura 13.5.1  Just to be sure I checked my Applications folder and the only "i" there were "Image Capture" and and "iMovie" 😞

zoom_is_piece_o
Listener

This is ridiculous. Zoom support can not solve crucial problem, all they can offer is a broken link. Apparently the only way to fix it is to switch our organization to google meets