cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom ignores rescheduled meetings and sends reminder at the original time

DavidLilly
Listener

I set meetings in Google Calendar and use the Zoom Add In to schedule Zoom meetings.  When one of these meetings is rescheduled, everything in Google goes well, but the Zoom client sends holds the meeting at the original time, and sends reminders of the meeting at the originally scheduled time - which can get annoying given the volume of meetings going on.

So if I change a weekly meeting at 2 p.m. to the new time of 3 p.m. - I still see the 2 p.m. meeting when I sign into Zoom or click Schedule in the Zoom client, and I get a reminder at 1:50 p.m. despite the meeting time change.  

9 REPLIES 9

geoffbernard_bw
Listener

I use Outlook with Office365 and see the same issue. I'd love to find out if I have a setting that needs to be changed or if this is an actual issue.

Same issue, calendar invite reminders still show up.  I have the plugins, seems like the original date/time calendar reminder is not cleared.   

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi david lilly,

have you tried

Using the Zoom Scheduler extension for Chrome – Zoom Support

thanks,  eliot

Jameswalter
Participant

How to reschedule a Zoom Meeting

If you need to reschedule a meeting, simply update your schedule on your calendar.
It is not necessary to update the meeting on the Zoom scheduler unless the rescheduled date is more than 30 days away for a non-recurring meeting.

How to add or delete invitation attendees

If you need to add or delete attendees, you can do so from your calendar (To: or Add Guests on calendars).
There is no need to update the meeting on the Zoom scheduler.

How to edit your scheduled meeting on the Zoom client

Click the Meetings, Upcoming tab, find and select the meeting, then click Edit.
You can use it to update the scheduled time, however this is not necessary as the meeting can be started at any time as long as it available to edit.

Regards,
james

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hello,

Do you have Bi direction Sync turned on and working (tested)?  I would guess that if you don't, you are only changing the email calendar and it is not reaching the Zoom scheduler.

With automatic bi-directional syncing, you can ensure that the Zoom meetings that you create or update on either Zoom or external calendars will automatically sync across all integrated applications, such as the Zoom web portal, Zoom client, and integrated calendars.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/8522918261645-Enabling-bi-directional-calendar-sync 

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

I have  bi-directional syncing set up but rescheduled meetings still give me the reminder at the original time.

benvorster
Listener

Good day, did you find a solution to this problem? I have the same frustrating problem. Thank you

Nothing yet, problem still exists.   

Mee406
Listener

Problem still exists here too. I re-authorized the Outlook sync as recommended by our IT folks but that didn't fix it. for myself and others in my company.

Deactivated the Zoom reminders and now go by Outlook's reminders only.