cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom freezing plus Mouse freezing

robertomansfiel
Listener

I've got two issues with freezes under zoom. Both started happening after I added a webcam to my system. Before I'd join the meeting with my iPad (for the camera) and my desktop (for screen sharing). Now with the web cam:

1. Randomly, my wireless mouse stops working. I need to unplug and plug in the receiver to get the mouse working again.

2. If I try to screen share, the zoom app freezes up and I need to force quit and rejoin the meeting.

I'm running Zoom client Version: 5.9.3 (1911) under Linux/debian.

Any suggestions?

7 REPLIES 7

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @robertomansfiel , I know it has been a while since you initially posted, and I apologize for just now seeing your post! I definitely want to make sure you receive assistance. Are you still having this issue? If so, I'd love to help you get it resolved.

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Hi Carla,

Yes, this issue stubbornly persists. It seems to be an issue with Logitech wireless devices. At some point during a zoom session, both the wireless keyboard and mouse stop working. I have to unplug and re-plug the USB receiver. I'm also using a Logitech camera. If you can help, I'd love to get this one solved!

Thanks,

Roberto

Hi @robertomansfiel, We have converted your Zoom Community discussion into a support request that may be more appropriately handled by our Support Agents. Please watch out for a follow-up email with information on your case.

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

I use linux. Since upgrading to the newest version 5.13.7 (683), my external camera freezes. this is very troubling to us. I can fix it for a minute or two by switching to the laptop camera and then back. The web suggests to go to advanced video settings and turn off optimize video quality with de-noise, but this helps, but does not fix it. I still get freezing. Please direct me to a site I can download an older version. This has been going on for too long.

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @clyon ,  thank you for contributing to the Zoom Community!

Please install the most recent update. This should fix the issue:
 Open your Zoom app

1. Click your profile picture then click Check for Updates.

profile-picture-menu-check-for-updates.png
  2. If there is a newer version, Zoom will download and install it.

Let me know how it goes!

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

clyon
Listener

If you re-read my previous comment, I am using the most current version of zoom for Linux. 5.13.7 (683)

If you can direct me to a link to obtain an older version which worked for me, I can dispose of this newest buggy version. Thank you

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @clyon , the most recent version of Zoom is Version 5.13.10 released on February 27, 2023. Please manually download the most recent version here: https://zoom.us/download.

This should fix the issue. If it does not, please let me know. 

Thank you!

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team