cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom freezes when I try and join a meeting

Lydiastanley
Listener

When I try and join a meeting hosted by someone else, my Zoom nearly always freezes just as it's connecting. Sometimes I have to try two or three times. If I look in Task Manager, the Disk resource is at 100% or just below, and it's usually 'Windows audio device graph isolation' that's the culprit. After a couple of minutes, the Disk resource percentage starts to go down and I can connect. The same thing happens when the host creates breakout rooms, meaning I can't join in the breakout discussions for the first few minutes until it decides to connect. Then when the breakout meeting is finished and I am back in the main meeting, it freezes again for a couple of minutes. I'm using Windows 8.1. I made sure I had the latest version of Zoom.

2 REPLIES 2

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @Lydiastanley, If your app stays in a "connecting" mode or has timed out due to "Network error, please try again" or "Can't connect to our service, please check your network connection and try again" issues, it could be related to your network connection, network firewall settings, or web security gateway settings.

To configure your network firewall, please see the following table. All rules should be applied both inbound and outbound. support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362683-Network-Firewall-or-Proxy-Server-Settings-for-Zoom

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Lydiastanley
Listener

Thanks for your reply. I am just using Widows firewall and it is set up to allow Zoom (I can't see any settings relating to IP addresses etc).  The only error message I get when I try and connect is that Zoom is not responding. When I check Task Manager, I find that disk usage is 100% or close to that. When disk usage eventually goes down, I can connect, and once I'm connected, it's normally fine, unless we go into breakout rooms and then I get the same issue.