cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom for Chrome PWA won't install

johnB4
Listener

When i use Zoom on my Chromebook it tells me that the extension is no longer supported and i should install Zoom for Chrome PWA from the play store.

When i do this i tell the play store i want an app for a chromebook and when i try to install the Zoom for Chrome it says i can do so for my pixel but the Chromebook option is greyed out and it says it is incompatible with this device.

I have an Asus CX9 running Chrome 108.0.5359.111 . It is a managed device but as the Google Admin i have permitted the Zoom for Chrome PWA to be allowed for all users.

6 REPLIES 6

Jameswalter
Participant

The PWA can be installed from the Google Play store (click the link or search for 'Zoom PWA' or 'Zoom for Chrome PWA' in the Play store) and will appear as an application on your Chrome OS device. Download the app, then either log in or join a meeting, and you're up and running.

SandraDee78
Listener

I'm having the same problem as the previous person.  I went to play store to download zoom pwa on my chromebook, but it doesn't allow you to.  It doesn't recognize the chromebook as a chrome device.  Strange!  So, now what?  I can't download this app.

Were able to find a solution? I am having this same problem and don't know what to do next.

I found a solution buried deep in the configuration documentation from Google. 

If you want the full steps: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/4403637861005-Configuring-the-Zoom-for-Chrome-PWA

However, all I did was the following ( I didn't follow the steps @ the above link because I didn't need to)

Doing so immediately opened it as PWA, so I could bookmark the page, but it also gave me the option (in the url bar) to download the PWA Chromebook app, which worked perfectly, then I could Pin the new PWA app to the Chromebook apps shelf for easy access. 

Sheesh

RoH1
Listener

I'm having the same exact issue, on a brand new (2022 model) Chromebook. It doesn't allow download. Also I can see that the PWA hasn't even been updated since 2021, so it doesn't seem that they're maintaining that either. 

RoH1
Listener

I found a solution buried deep in the confirguration documentation from Google. 

If you want the full steps: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/4403637861005-Configuring-the-Zoom-for-Chrome-PWA

However, all I did was the following ( I didn't follow the steps @ the above link because I didn't need to)

Doing so immediately opened it as PWA, so I could bookmark the page, but it also gave me the option (in the url bar) to download the PWA Chromebook app, which worked perfectly, then I could Pin the new PWA app to the Chromebook apps shelf for easy access. 

Sheesh