cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom folder with recordings disappeared

murteaga
Listener

Hello, 

After the last update in January, my full zoom folder with 2+ years of recordings disappeared. I have searched for it in other places in the computer, but it is simply not there. I tried searching by name, by file type, and nothing. Any idea on how this could have happened?

Recent files are in the right place. 

4 REPLIES 4

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @murteaga local recordings are a bit harder to recover due to the file being saved to your local drive. If locally recorded, you can find that recording in your Zoom desktop client, under 'meetings' 👉 'recorded' and you will see the locally recorded videos from there. You can also go to zoom.us/recording to see the path for local recordings.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

murteaga
Listener

Thank you for your answer, RN, but as I said, there is nothing anywhere in my computer. I was trying to raise a technical issue. When the zoom update happened in January, the local folder that used to have all the recordings (the one I have been using over years to upload my recordings to Vimeo and Youtube) was no longer there. 
Furthermore, the following update did the same, deleting five new recordings. After that I decided to move the repository for my recordings to an external hard drive. I'm not sure if this is a Zoom issue or a Windows issue, but I haven't change any settings on my computer, and suddenly, my entire Zoom folder disappeared twice. 

Thanks!

Deya1
Listener

I download zoom meeting recordings to my computer. Almost all of them have disappeared from my computer. Help! Any ideas?

willjoe2442
Participant

In the navigation menu, click Recordings. At the top right, you will see a Trash icon if there are any cloud recordings in the trash. Click the icon to see any deleted cloud recordings. Click Recover on the right to retrieve the recording.

Regards,

Diana